Saturday

UNESCO - Historic Center of Naples, Angioino Castle



I don't always recognise a UNESCO postcard unless the sender tells me it's a WHS site or it has been a pre-arranged UNESCO swap so with all my viewcards I have to google any details from the back in case it's a site I'm missing.  With this official Postcrossing card it worked in my favour and I now have 'Historic Center of Naples' to mark off in red on my UNESCO Collection list.

The sender (the name isn't clear, unfortunately) just says that it's a card of Naples and its castle by the sea.  However, on the description it says 'Napoli - The Maschio Angioino.  Aparently this is situated in the Historic center of Naples, Italy which is a UNESCO site so, Hurrah!  New card for the collection and a very nice one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...