Monday

Port Lockroy, Antarctica

 



A few years ago on the old forum (which is now the Legacy Forum) a lady postcrosser was travelling to Antarctica to study and offered to send cards out to other members while there.  I jumped at the chance!  To participate all I had to do was send the person a card from me plus send them whichever postcard (unwritten and blank) I'd like them to send back to me from their trip.  

I found this card for sale online and sent it off with my swap card as soon as it arrived.  After a few weeks I got it back, all stamped and postmarked and with a wonderful message on the back from the little animals at the station about their work with Santa!  Adorable.  

So happy to have this rare destination in my collection and thank you so much to the postcrossing swapper who sent it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...