Saturday

UNESCO - St Sohphia's Cathedral, Kiev, Ukraine

 


I stopped Postcrossing for a couple of years and so stopped blogging too because no postcards were coming in.  But now I'm back doing both and very happy about it. I stopped postcrossing because of my horrible postman.  My letterbox is big enough to put most mail through, even pretty thick packets, but the postman insisted on folding everything and then putting it in the letterbox.  

VERY upsetting to see my postcards folded in half with big creases.  I of course asked him to stop and explained how upsetting it was and he said it was no problem and he's stop doing it.  But, did he stop?  NO!!  I couldn't bear it so had to give up postcrossing and hoped he'd move on to another area.  It took almost 2 years but then a new postman turned up one day and my mail was unfolded so I tentatively started to postcross again. All was well for a while but I saw my old mailman delivering in the area yesterday and I have all my fingers crossed that he wasn't just absent temporarily.  I don't want him back!! *Cries*.   Please, CROSS YOU FINGERS FOR ME! 

For now though, I have plenty of older (and some recent) cards to work through so here we go....

------------------------------

I thought I'd start with this one since it's a country that is on my mind a lot lately.  My heart and prayers go out to the people of Ukraine and hope their suffering will end soon.  

Olga sent me this UNESCO card some time ago and it shows Views of St. Sophia Cathedral built in the 11th Century so they're over 1000 years old!.  Kyiv is known as the 'City of Golden Domes' and I hope that these domes will last another 1000 years.   Thank you Olga, I hope you're safe <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...